Friday, 24 April 2015

Foundation Friday: By Terry Cover Expert

This is one of those products I would always swatch and play with when I'm in Space NK but never buy for two reasons: the cost (it's £45) and the shades are a little off.
Having come back from holiday recently with a bit of a tan I swatched all the shades again and found that shade 9 Honey Beige is pretty spot on and since I had £10 worth of money on my rewards card I decided to pick up a bottle and I'm glad I did.


This is one of those foundations that melt into the skin and look completely natural and flawless with minimal effort, I used a Real TechniquesMulti Task Brush to buff in this product and it blended effortlessly. It as quite a creamy texture but applies like a liquid and dries to a natural matte but radiant finish, I personally don't set this with a powder but you might want to if you are really oily or prefer a more matte look. 
(swatch of shade 9 Honey Beige)

The lasting power of this foundation is great, I've used it both with and without a primer (Laura Mercier Primer and Smashbox Primer Water) and found no difference in how long it lasts, I put it on in the morning and 10-12 hours later it's still there as perfect as it was when first applied.  
(me wearing this foundation)

The only thing I don't like is the smell, it as a very powdery floral scent that's way too overpowering for a face product but I will say it fades quickly so you don't have to endure it for very long. 

By Terry Cover Expert comes in 12 shades and retails for £45

No comments:

Post a Comment