Sunday, 3 May 2015

Foundation Friday: Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua

Of all the foundations that I own this is the one that as been in my collection the longest and been re-purchased the most, I think I've been trough 4-5 bottles of the stuff since it first launched.


(shade B30)
What Chanel say:
A new-generation texture. An unprecedented sensory experience. A unique makeup result. Rapid and easy application. VITALUMIÈRE AQUA. Apply your makeup without thinking about it.

Its soft and evanescent ultra-fine fluid texture is a real surprise: although exceptionally delicate and light, it offers an incomparable “second-skin” perfecting result. The complexion appears amazingly even, fresh and energised. The skin glows with seemingly nude beauty. As if lit from within. Bathed in light…

Its formula, enriched with a UVB sun filter and mineral sunscreen, protects the skin from damaging sun rays (SPF 15). Its crystalline fragrance accentuates the sensation of freshness and pleasure on application.


It's one of those foundations that looks like a "second skin" you really cannot tell you are wearing any product, this is in part to the fact that it contains HD pigments but also because the coverage is light and fresh. It's the foundation I reach for on days where I want my skin to look like skin but better, it's not a base I would wear if I was going out or if I wanted something long lasting.
I tend to use a buffing brush to apply this product as it gives an airbrushed finish and you get a little bit more coverage this way.

(me wearing shade B30)

I personally think this is best suited to normal/dry or combination skin types, if you're too oily this foundation will start to break down quickly and look shiny and this is the type of foundation that looks best without setting it with powder.
If you are more oily the Perfection Lumiere Velvet would be a better fit.

This foundation comes in 7 shades and  retail for £33


No comments:

Post a Comment