Wednesday, 20 May 2015

Review: MAC Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation



I've never really been a big fan of MAC foundations, over the years I've tried Studio Fix Fluid (drying and looks like you are wearing a mask), Studio Tech (great coverage but gave me cystic acne) and Studio Sculpt (looks nice but it clogged my pores and it would break down quite fast on the skin) so when I realised MAC had bought out a new foundation I can't say I was particularly excited. 
I wasn't going to buy the full size without trying it first so I managed to get a sample, even if you wear MAC foundation already don't buy this assuming you will be the same shade you usually are, this stuff runs light and I mean light. I'm normally an NC20/NC25 depending on the time of year but with the Pro Longwear Nourishing Foundation I was matched to a NC30 and at the moment my skin is at it's fairest so bear that in mind if you thinking of buying it online. 



The texture put me off straight from the get go, it's thick and reminds me off Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation which I do not get along with, I was tempted to wipe it off the back of my hand and throw the pot away but I didn't for the sake of the blog,  I tried it once and immediately fell in love with it enough that I went and bought a full sized tube! 

Yes, the texture is extremely thick but it blends beautifully and while it is full coverage it's still looks natural, it dries down to a satin finish but if you wanted a more matte look you can add a powder and unlike most other high coverage foundations it does not look cakey.



What MAC as to say about it: 
A tenacious waterproof formula that can be used as a foundation or concealer, wearing for an unprecedented 16 hours. Neither rain nor tears can budge this oil-free watertight product that actually repels moisture from the surface of the face. The formula blends seamlessly on the skin with medium to full weightless coverage and a natural satin finish.

Does it do everything MAC claim it to? 
Kinda yes and kinda no? 

Yes, it will work as a concealer but only for blemishes and discolouration on the face, I tried it under the eyes and it just did not work. 
The wear time is good but not 16 hours worth, I found that by the 8 hour mark it had started to break down around my nose and chin (the rest of my face looked the same as when I first applied it) and began to look a little shiny, however this is still longer than any foundation I own so I'm still pleased with its lasting power.
  
Is it waterproof? Yes, it most certainly is, so much so that when I applied my setting spray over the top it refused to dry! It simply repelled the moisture and eventually I had to take a tissue and blot, oh and you can had transfer proof to the list of claims!

Another big plus point is that the tube is really compact and travel friendly, yes it's 25ml instead of the standard 30ml but you use so little of it that it shouldn't be an issue in terms of how long it lasts. 

All in all I'm really impressed and have used it every day for the past week and not had any problems with it so far, in fact I would go as far as to say that it as very quickly made it into my Top 5 favourite foundations. 

MAC Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation is available in 16 shades and retails for £25.50




1 comment:

  1. I love the way it looks! I'll have to keep in mind that it runs light. :D

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete