Thursday, 21 May 2015

Sunday Riley Good Genes All-In-One Lactic Acid Treatment



I thought long and hard before I bought a bottle of Sunday Riley's Good Genes for two reasons, it's expensive and over-hyped which isn't always a good thing but eventually I caved in and I'm so glad I did, my skin as never looked better!

I'm used to using some pretty strong exfoliating "toners" and my skin (think Alpha H Liquid Gold, Cane & Austin Retexturising Treatment Pads) but this is something else entirely, it's like having the equivalent of a professional peel but in the comfort of your own home.
I see huge results with one application alone, my skin look fresh, glowing and well rested and just generally brighter and more even toned.


I normally use glycolic based products so I was a bit concerned how I would get along with lactic acid but I actually think I prefer it, yes there a mild tingling sensation but it goes away in second and I find that I don't get any of the flaking that I would normally get.

I honestly cannot praise this product enough, it is an investment, a bottle will last you ages as you only need a small amount each time and the results are amazing.

What they say:
A multi-tasking over-Achiever, Good Genes immediately brightens, plumps lines, exfoliates clarifies imperfections, evens out hyperpigmentation and acne scars, smooth texture and masively boosts radiance. Powerful, unneutralized, pharmaceutical grade lactic acid is proven to help build strong collagen and regenerate healthy skin, while Licorice Lemongrass, Arnica, Prickly Pear, Aloe and Bio-Fermented Yeats boost Vibrance.

Key Ingredients:

40% Lactic Acid
Reveals glow of healthy skin cells by encouraging exfoliation of dead skin cells. Helps reduce the appearance of acne scars and hyper-pigmentation. Plumps lines and wrinkles by theoretically promoting collagen growth in the deeper layers of the skin.

Lemongrass
Boosts circulation, which brings oxygen to the skin, increases vibrance and radiance.

Licorice 
Natural skin brightener, anti-inflammatory.

Arnica 
Boosts circulation, skin soothing, calms irritation.

Bio-Fermented Yeast
Believed to help rebuild stronger, healthier tissue.

Bio-Fermented Aloe
Has been used as an healing herb for more than 2000 years. Used traditionally to help clarify, soothe irritation and maintain healthy skin. Anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory characteristics.

Prickly Pear
Used by Native Americans as a topical healing agent, contains substantial levels of beta-carotene and vitamin C.

Wildcrafted Orchid
Thought to have a calming, soothing effect, helps hydrate the skin.

Ingredients List:
Botanical Complex [Opuntia Tuna Fruit (Prickly Pear) Extract, Agave Tequilina Leaf (Blue Agave) Extract, Cypripedium Pubescens (Lady's Slipper Orchid) Extract, Opuntia Tuna Fruit, Opuntia Vulgaris (Cactus) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract & Saccharomyces Cerevisiae (Yeast) Extract], Lactic Acid Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, Squalene, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, PPG-12/SMDI Copolymer, Stearic Acid Cetearyl Alcohol and Ceteareth 20, Glyceryl Stearate and PEG-100 Stearate, Arnica Extract, PEG-75 Meadowsol, Glycyrrhza Glabra Extract, Lemongrass Extract, Triethanolamine, Xantham Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Steareth-20, DMDM Hydantoin.


Sunday Riley Good Genes retails for £85 and can be found on Space NK  or Cult Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment