Thursday, 18 June 2015

Foundation Friday: Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream

I've never been a fan of tinted moisturiser because usually I see little point in them as they don't provide enough coverage, disappear half way trough the day and despite making me look like a grease ball don't actually moisturise my skin all that well.
The main thing that intrigued me about Bare Minerals version is the fact that it's a gel cream which made it sound like it would be more suited to a combination skin type and that it was meant to have more coverage than your standard tinted moisturiser.


The first thing I noticed was the impressive range of shades, most tinted moisturisers will come in light, medium and dark and we all know that is not enough to cater for every skin tone. 
I ended up choosing the shade Ginger as I want to be able to wear this when I'm away on holiday but because of the sheereness of it I can also make it work for me while I'm pale. 


The texture of the product is very lightweight and almost feels like a mousse, it applies nicely with fingers even though I personally prefer a brush and while it sheer it does even out my skin tone enough that I don't need additional foundation over the top. 
The finish is what I would describe as natural, it looks like skin but more perfected and radiant but without looking greasy.
The main reason why I love this product though is because when I remove my makeup at night my skin texture seems to have actually improved. There's no dryness or flaky patches and my skin actually looks more radiant.

Here's what they say:

Treat your skin everyday with a powerhouse of skincare benefits infused with a naturally radiant colour in one easy step.
A multi-tasking genious, this lightweight, skin-quenching gel cream smoothes on effortlessly with just the right amount of coverage. instantly your complexion reveal a dewy, healthy glow.

  • Marine botanicals to help hydrate and replenish thirsty skin.
  • Mineral electrolytes to help energise the skin.
  • A select antioxidant that helps to defend your skin's appearance againt enviromental stressors.
  • Non chemical SPF30 PA+++
  • Lightweight sheer to medium coverage.

Here are the shades:

  • Opal 01 – for the fairest porcelain skin with cool tones
  • Vanilla 02 – for light skin with neutral tones
  • Buttercream 03 – for light skin with golden tones
  • Suede 04 – for medium skin with cool tones
  • Natural 05 – for medium skin with neutral tones
  • Ginger 06 – for medium skin with golden tones
  • Tan 07 – for tan skin with neutral tones
  • Spice 08 – for tan skin with golden tones
  • Chestnut 09 – for dark skin with golden tones
  • Sienna 10 – for deep skin with neutral tones

Ingredients:
Water (aqua/eau) Coconut Alkanes , Propanediol, Titanium Dioxide (nano), Squalene, Trehalose, Isostearic Acid, Glycerin, Silica, Agar, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Globularia Cordifolia Callus Culture Extract, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Melilotus Officinalis Extract, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Butylene Glycol, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Succinoglycan, Polysorbate 60, Cellulose Gum, Polyglyceryl-4 Laurate/Succinate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Magnesium Stearate, Magnesium Hydroxide, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Chloride, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, May Contain (+/-) Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue retail for £26 and is available in 10 shades.

No comments:

Post a Comment