Saturday, 6 June 2015

Foundation Friday: Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Hydrating Foundation

I was in duty free earlier this year when I came across this little wonder product, a 15 hour wear foundation that is meant to be hydrating something which you don't see very often as long wear products are usually marketed to an oilier skin.
I picked a bottle up (along with a couple of other bits) not really expecting much of it but I love this foundation!!!


What do they say: 

Hot studio lights usually mean lots of complexion touch-ups-but not anymore! Stay picture-perfect for a full 15 hours with our breakthrough long-wearing formula, developed to withstand intense on-set conditions. Skin is hydrated and shine-free, while imperfections are blurred with light-diffusing spheres. 

• Buildable medium-to-full coverage
• Water, sweat, humidity and transfer resistant
• Oil-free, and helps control oil



(this is shade 2.2)

This is like Estee Lauder Double Wear but for more combination/dehydrated skin. It gives a complete full coverage look without looking heavy or thick and my skin still looks like skin.
It also doesn't accentuate any flaky patches or any un-even texture which is  a big plus.
One pump does my entire face and it blends easily, doesn't dry down too fast and leaves a flawless, luminous satin finish that lasts all day.
This is now my "go to" foundation for when I want my makeup to last but not look like I'm wearing tons of product.

The shade selection is not great for me, the 1.2 is too light for me and the 2.2 is too dark and too yellow however the two mixed together work perfectly.


Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Hydrating Foundation comes in 16 shades, retails for £28 and is available from the Smashbox website.

No comments:

Post a Comment