Sunday, 14 June 2015

Mr. Bean Coffee Bean Scrub

It's no secret that I absolutely love a good coffee so a scrub made of the stuff sounded like a match made in heaven. Once again I stubbled upon this on Instagram and decided to get a couple of bags and see what the fuss is about.


Mr. Bean Coffee Scrub is a mixture of roasted ground coffee, himalayan pink rock salt and coconut oil that will scrub away dead skin cells while improving skin tone and texture and targeting cellulite while leaving behind a layer of moisture, so quite an impressive claim from Mr. Bean!

I ordered a bag of each scent, one mandarin and one coconut and I will say that my initial thought was "£13.95 for a bag of coffee is expensive, this stuff better be good" but the ordering process was quick and easy and my products where with me in 2 days, so shipping is super fast.


I love the packaging, it looks like actual bags of coffee rather than something you would be using to scrub your body with and they are re-sealable so the product wont go off.
The instructions tell you to rub a large handful of scrub over your wet body using circular motions focusing on problem areas then leaving the coffee to dry for 5 minutes before rinsing.


I used my usual shower gel first to clean my body then turned off the shower so the water wasn't running and let my body dry off slightly as I didn't want to dilute the product. I found that using large handfuls of the stuff wasted a lot of product so instead I would just dip my hand into the bag of coffee and use what was on there.



First things first, this product is messy! There was coffee ground everywhere which is to be expected, if you have a white shower you might want to be careful because it might stain.
The second thing I noticed was the smell, like coffee but slightly burnt with an hint of chocolate and orange (I used the mandarin "flavoured" one) I'm not gonna lie it was making me hungry.

The texture of the product is somewhat disappointing, I would have preferred it rougher (that's what she said, haha, lol) and I found the product melted into my skin quite a bit but once I rinsed of the residue my skin did feel super soft and the lovely patches of dermatitis on my arms had disappeared so I am impressed.

(all in the name of research, lol)

I also used it on my face and was terrified that it would break me out but the next morning my skin looks bright and glowing!
Did it work on the cellulite? I've used it once so I think it's too early to tell but lets be honest any kind of scrub is going to help with the appearance of cellulite because it's getting the circulation going, so yes it probably will help quite nicely but I will update this post once I've used the product more.

Ingredients: roasted ground coffee beans, himalayan pink rock salt, demerara sugar, organic cacao, cold pressed coconut oil, vitamin e oil.

You can find Mr. Bean Coffee Scrub on the Mr. Bean Body website and it retails for £13.95

3 comments:

  1. I've heard so much of this face scrub and I feel like only I haven't tried it yet :)
    Need to check it out very soon!

    Lu | www.balgarka.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try this! Great review xo
    SHEWOREWHAT

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 Studies SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Belly Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you literally burn fat by eating Coconut Fats (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from large medicinal journals are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete