Saturday, 11 July 2015

Gerard Cosmetics Lipstick Review and Swatches

I was first introduced to the world of Gerard Cosmetics by Jaclyn Hill on youtube, I love that girl's tutorials and 1995 looked liked the perfect Kylie Jenner lip colour.
I placed an order but to be honest I wasn't expecting much, I'm always sceptical of products and brands that are over-hyped on youtube.

I will go ahead and say that these are currently my favourite lipsticks of all time!!! That's quite a bold statement for me as lipstick is my favourite makeup thing to buy, but I'm 100% telling you all that these are amazing!

(Nude, Buttercup, 1995, French Toast, Underground, Tequila Sunrise, Lilac Moon, Cherry Cordial)

Okay, so I don't love the packaging, it's a bit too "blingy" for me and it also feels quite flimsy but the product inside more than make up for it.
These lipsticks come in two textures: a creamy opaque matte which is my favourite as it glides on in one quick swipe and a semi-shiny slightly sheerer texture that feels really buttery and soft on the lips.
They aren't particularly moisturising but then again that's what balm is for, I hate lipsticks that are too nourishing because they don't last and I constantly find that I have to re-apply. Another major bonus is that they are completely scent free which is nice.

Do I think they are worth $19? No, I don't but they alway have a discount code (I'll pop the codes at the end of the post) so you never pay full price for them anyways and they offer free shipping worlwide which is brilliant and the shipping is fast!!!


So lets have a look at the shades that I have:

Nude: Finally I nude that I can wear! I hate anything too pale as it washes me out but this leans more to the warm, peachy nude side of the colour spectrum, I actually love this one more than I thought I would.

Buttercup: A beautiful nude pink that again isn't too light, there is nothing more un-flattering than a lipstick that drains all the colour from your lips. I'm not gonna lie I bought this shade because it's one of the products that Jaclyn Hill as collaborated on and she can do no wrong in my book.

1995: Another Jaclyn Hill prompted purchase! I'm going to make quite a bold claim here and say that this is my most favourite lipstick of all time and the one I get the most compliments on. It is the perfect darker, rosy nude shade and is so versatile, this is "Kylie Jenner Pout" in a tube.

French Toast: Very similar to 1995 in colour but the texture as a lot more slip an the finish is a lot shinier.

Underground: This is a very unusual shade, a very cool toned darker beige nude, strangely I actually do quite like it even though it is a little bit harder to pull off.

Tequila Sunrise: A gorgeous peachy coral, this is the perfect summer shade and would look absolutely amazing with a tan. I will say that the texture of this one was a little bit more on the sheer side so I had to build up the colour.

Lilac Moon: I love the look of this one in the tube but sadly it just does not work with my complexion and it makes my teeth look yellow.

Cherry Cordial: A deep dark black cherry shade, this is very vampy and possibly not everyones cup of tea but I love it! I also love that after this wears off it leaves the most pretty stain, I'm going to get so much use out of this one in Autumn and Winter.

If you fancy getting your hand on some of your own here are some discount code to save you money.

3 Lipstick for $28 use code PromPout
4 lip products of your choice use code j4u38
5 Lipsticks for $45 use code GCDeal45

All in all I I love these lipstick and I'm already planning my next order.

No comments:

Post a Comment