Friday, 18 September 2015

Foundation Friday: Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation

It's no secret that I'm a big fan of Charlotte Tilbury make-up line and as a general rule I'm very rarely disappointed, I don't particularly get on with her skincare line but everything else I've tried  I've either really liked or loved. 

So as you can imagine I was super excited about the launch of the Magic Foundation and took myself to my local counter on launch day to buy myself a bottle. I matched myself to shade 4.5 as I wanted something that would work right now while I still have a tan from holiday but also wouldn't be too dark  of a tone so I could use it in the winter months too.
I know I should have tried the product on my face to see if it suited my skin but I was on lunch break, in a rush so I swatched it on the back of my hand to see if I like the texture and coverage and 5 minutes and £29.50 later I have a new bottle of Magic Foundation in my hands! 




It completely pains me to say this but me and this little one don't get on, at all!!! 
I could tell almost immediately that I was going to have problems because as soon as it touched my skin it started to burn, not badly but enough for me to notice. I applied it my usual E.L.F Stippling Brush and it went on so patchy, I switched to a buffer brush but it made no difference. 
While it did even out redness it didn't manage to cover a couple of tiny breakouts around my chin and the finish looked flat and dull, it seemed to make my skin look drier and accentuated any flaky patches. 

It started getting shiny within the first hour and before I'd even made it to lunch it had completely come off around my nose and had started to "pool" around my pores and just generally looked and felt greasy, I couldn't wait to wash it off. 
When I did was it off I noticed a couple of tiny new whiteheads and my skin texture just felt less smooth and not as even.
I tried it two more times after that with different primers and setting powders but it still did the same so I think it's safe to say that this is not for me! 

On the back of the box:
A full-coverage, demi-matte, long lasting foundation. Enriched with hyaluronic acid, laricyl and the concentrated power of vitamin C. Skin is moisturised, dewy and pores are minimised.

If you are more on the dry side and like quite a dewy finish then this might be the foundation for you but if you are oily/combo give this one a miss and try their Light Wonder instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment