Tuesday, 27 October 2015

A Drugstore Foundation Dupe: Bourjois Air Mat & Makeup Forever Mat Velvet Plus!

Hi guys, you all know how much I love the Makeup Forever Mat Velvet + and I've been using it pretty much non-stop since I got it however the new Bourjois Air Mat foundation caught my eye the other day and while it was on offer in Boots I picked up a bottle to try.
I wasn't really expecting much from it but this is pretty much the drugstore version of Makeup Forever Mat Velvet Plus, they are virtually identical in texture and finish on the skin!



(top: MUFE, bottom: Bourjois)

They both have that lightweight, easy to blend texture but are full coverage and set to a natural matte finish which doesn't look flat or dull.
The Bourjois Air Mat might be just a fraction more matte than the Makeup Forever Mat Velvet and has a little bit more of a powdered finish but I love it just as much and it's £10 which is an absolute bargain for such a good product.

The only downside is the colour selection, I picked up 02 Vanilla which is perfect for me but if you are any darker than a MAC NC35 then you might not find a match.

You can pick Bourjois Air Mat up from Boots where it's currently on offer 2 for £14!

Thank you for reading and don't forget to comment, subscribe to my blog and follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter






5 comments:

  1. Um in the swatchbis the top one bourjois or the bottom? You didn't even mention

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Saba, top one is MUFE and bottom one is Bourjois

      Delete
  2. Thanks for answering <3 this pic is taken in flash i guess so i can't figure if this shade (of bourjois) is yellow toned or pink? Will is match someone who's around nc20-25?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely more yellow toned, I would say that it would suit someone nc20 but not darker. The next shade up would be more suitable for an nc25

      Delete