Wednesday, 28 October 2015

Baking with NYX Color Correcting Powder in Banana

You will have noticed the latest craze sweeping the beauty community is baking, where you take your loose setting powder and apply a thick layer over your under eye concealer or above our contour, let it set for 5-10 minutes to warm up with your body heat and then brush away the excess leaving you looking flawless.
When I initially heard of this technique I wasn't convinced, how can it be any different from setting your concealer the normal way?
Well it does make a huge difference and I now wouldn't set my under eye any other way, it leaves the eye area looking airbrushed and I get no creasing throughout the day, however you have to have the right powder.



I initially tried with transclucent loose powder and it did nothing, mineral foundation powder on the other hand looked cakey, so I did my research and found that a yellow toned powder seemed to work best.
A trip to Selfridges London and £8 later and this NYX Color Correcting Powder was mine and it works a charm.
The texture is perfect, smooth, extremely finely milled and doesn't look heavy but at the same time adds  just enough coverage while the yellow undertone manages to cancel out any under eye darkness and it's talc free which is brilliant as talc breaks me out.

You can now get NYX in Selfridges Oxford Street (it's a pop up boutique and only there till January) or the Feelunique website.

No comments:

Post a Comment