Friday, 23 October 2015

Foundation Friday: Makeup Forever Mat Velvet +

Hi guys, today I'm gonna talk to you about my new "holy grail" new favourite foundation of all time!


As anyone of you with oily, breakout prone skin will know it can be a struggle to find a base that gives flawless, natural looking coverage that lasts all day and doesn't clog skin.
Usually foundation geared for this skin type can look quite heavy and dry and I'm personally not a fan of anything that looks too matte, I might be shiny naturally but I also don't want to look like I have a cake face!


I decided to give Mat Velvet a try on a whim not really thinking much of it, but I can honestly say that if you where to steal all my other foundations I would be happy using just this one!


Despite it being a matte foundation I would say it looks more like a satin on my skin, it looks perfect and flawless but still managing somehow to look like real skin, but better.
I found that I needed the tiniest amount to cover my whole face and while it does provide a medium/full coverage it can definitely be sheered out.
I also love the bottle it comes in, I know glass bottles look nicer but they are bulky and if you are clumsy and have "butter fingers" like myself you'll be grateful for the plastic packaging as it won't smash everywhere should you drop it on the floor. It's also great for travel.


I got shade 40 which is working for me at the minute as I still have the remnants of a tan, however there is no lighter shade than this which suits me as 30 is too pink an everything else is too white so that might be a bit of a problem going into the colder months.


What they say: 
Mat Velvet + evens and matifies the skin tone. It's amino acid coated pigments provide both stability and durability to the make-up. The Formula, rich in corn starch complex, covers imperfections, neutralizes the shiny areas and leaves a velvet finish. It's oil free texture leaves a non greasy and comfortable finish.
Dermatologist tested. Sensitive skin tested. Non Comedogenic.

You can find Makeup Forever Mat Velvet + in Debenhams and it retail for £29



No comments:

Post a Comment