Tuesday, 20 October 2015

Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask

Hi guys, it's no secret that I'm a sucker for a good face peel, I love a bit of glycolic acid or an AHA here and there in the quest for super smooth skin and have even had the odd one or two done professionally at a salon.
I had read a few reviews raving about this product but the cost stopped me from purchasing a tub, £40 is hella expensive for a face mask, I would rather spend that kinda money on a moisturiser but after seeing Vivianna Does Makeup review I finally caved in and bought one.



I will say one thing, this shit is powerful! It's the closest you'll get to a professional grade glycolic peel that you can do yourself at home.
The instructions tell you to apply a thin layer to skin and massage in circular movements to activate the micro-polishing aluminium oxide powder. You then leave the mask on for up to 10 minutes and let the AHA's  and pumpkin enzymes work their magic.



My skin is very used to "acids" and I wouldn't say I was particularly sensitive but I could feel this treatment working, it tingles like a bitch and at one point I was hopping up and down in my bathroom muttering obscenities under my breath but in the name of research I resisted the urge to remove it early.
Upon rinsing my face I looked into the mirror and realised that I looked like I had a bad case of sunburn, luckily once the initial redness had subsided my skin definitely looked a lot brighter, more even and felt smoother.
The morning after I used this my makeup when on so nicely and my skin looked super radiant and glowy, so despite being a bit like torture while it's on my face the results are definitely worth it!

Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Cucurbita Pepo (pumpkin), Aluminium Oxide, Glycerin, Triethanolamine, Lactobacillus/Pumpkin Ferment Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Tocopherol, Retinyl Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Edta Edetate Discodium Dihydrate Usp, Methyl Eugenol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzonate, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol.

No comments:

Post a Comment