Thursday, 5 November 2015

CHANEL Rouge Noir Absolument: Christmas 2015

It's that much anticipated time of the years again: Chanel Holiday collection and this year it's a good one!
Gone are the red lips and nails reminiscent of past collections to make way for deep purples and burgundy's, luscious pinks and sparkling gold.
The collection pays homage to Chanel's most iconic nail varnish Rouge Noir which celebrates it's 20th birthday this year.
Originally made famous by Uma Thurman in Pulp Fiction, Rouge Noir as gone on to be Chanel's best selling colour since it's launch and continues to be so two decades later.
Finally we have a whole collection based around this shade and it's a good one!

Lets get onto the pictures and swatches, shall we?





Chanel Le 4 Ombre Signe Particulier £44 - You want one of those, you had better get it fast! This will no doubt sell out first as it's the star of the show and quantities will be limited.
Joues Contraste Lumiere Highlighting Blush £31 - Pretty but very subtle which some people will love. For someone like myself who likes an intense highlight this might not work.


Le Volume Mascara Rouge Noir £25 - Same formula as the original but with a nice plummy undertone to it, a nice change from black.
Illusion D'Ombre Rouge Noir £25 - Another favourite of mine, on my skin tone and eye colour it pulls more brown than burgundy but I still love it!
Glossimer Rose De Lune £22 - A basic sparkly ballerina pink.
Glossimer Etincelle £22 - A sheer plum with flecks of gold sparkle.
Le Vernis Rose Fusion £18 - Bit to metallic for my tastes and the only item that doesn't really look like it belongs in the collection.
Le Vernis Rouge Noir £18 - The product that started the craze! I think I've gotten trough 3 maybe 4 bottles of the stuff which is rare for me as I usually never finish a bottle of nail polish.
Le Top Coat Lame Rouge Noir £18 - My personal favourite item of the collection! It's unique to my collection and it's what I call "classy glitter" as it's subtle and not in your face.



Rouge Allure Vamporeus £26 - I liked this in the tube but it just looked too sheer on, I wish it would have more pigment.
Rouge Allure Rouge Noir £26 - An intense blackened berry, on me the undertone of brown isn't flattering but on the right skin tone it looks stunning. 
Rouge Allure Velvet La Merveilleuse £26 - A gorgeous velvety raspberry shade and pigmentation is spot on with this one.
Le Crayon Kohl Rouge Noir £17 - Nice change from plain black and it really makes lighter eyes pop.
Le Crayon Yeux Or Safron £19 - Good as an eyeshadow base or as an inner corner highlight. 




Chanel's new collection launches tomorrow and as most of the items are limited edition it will sell out quickly so get it while you can or you might miss out.

Thank you for reading and don't forget to follow my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment