Saturday, 12 December 2015

Review: Kaplan MD Perfect Pout Lip Mask & Balm Duo

The past few weeks my lips have been drier than the Sahara Desert and nothing I seem to be usingon them is working, even my BITE Beauty Agave Lip Mask is having no effect whatsoever, I mean nada!
I had heard about this product a while ago (apparently Jennifer Lawrence is a big fan) but didn't want to spend £60 on the full sizes so when I saw this little "try me" kit on Cult Beauty I had to get one.



I will say that my initial thought when I first got this was "damn, these are tiny" but after trying it for the first time I quickly realised you need so little product that you should get 20-30 applications out of the mask and probably far more with the lip balm.
They are way more generous than they look!


Before I tell you what I think of the product lets see what Kaplan MD have to say:

Dr Kaplan created Perfect Pout as a powerful, yet simple, solution to naturally fuller, more youthful lips. In just two simple steps, the LIP 20 Mask & Balm Duo works to:
  • Redefine the lip contour
  • Reduce fine lines and wrinkles on and around the lips
  • Quench lips with intense cellular hydration
  • Exfoliate dry, chapped skin
  • Protect against sun damage with SPF 20 sunburn protection
  • Plump and enhance natural lip fullness



Lip 20 Mask
A luxurious gel-creme mask that instantly trasforms the lips. Papaya enzymes gently dissolve away dry, flaky skin while the exclusive complex of 22 certified organic extracts, marine collagen peptides and two types of hyaluronic acid plump the lip contour  and infuse the lips with intense cellular hydration.


Lip 20 Balm 
The first complete anti-ageing lip treatment that hydrates, repairs enhances natural fullness and protects with SPF20 - all in one.

Does it live up to it's claims?
Yes, it does but on a temporary basis. Now I will say that I've only used it 2-3 so it may be too early to judge it's long term, cumulative effects but it really does visibly plum the lip leaving them looking smooth, soft and just overall juicier than before. It also exfoliates effectively without irritating the lips.
The lip balm portion of this duo is nice enough but nothing special so if I do re-purchase (which is very likely) I will splurge on the full size mask alone.

How to Use:
Step 1 - Apply a generous layer of LIP 20 Mask to the entire lip contour and 1/2 inch beyond lip line. Expect a mild tingling effect. After 3-5 minutes, tissue off

Step 2 - Immediately follow with LIp 20 Balm to seal in hydration & protect with SPF 20 sunburn protection.

You can find Kaplan MD Perfect Pout Duo on Cult Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment