Thursday, 31 December 2015

Simple Kind To Skin Replenishing Rich Moisturiser


So for some un-fathomable reason this winter my skin as decided to throw two fingers up at me and go crazy, going from reasonably oily to dry and dehydrated.
If this wasn't bad enough I've been getting the worst breakouts of my life and while I recon it's due to hormones I really don't want to be slapping on an heavy moisturiser and making the problem worse.


I've been nearing the end of my Zelens Hydro Shiso Balancing Moisturiser and while it's nice it's not £55 worth of nice so I started doing my research to find a replacement.
My research was pulling up some pretty expensive suggestions and I was in no mood to pay just shy of hundred squid for it not work the way I expected it too and have it sit in skincare graveyard or become expensive foot cream so I picked this Simple one up in Superdrug on a whim.

There are two versions of this lotion, a light and a rich, I picked up the rich because like I said my skin is hella dry at the minute and unlike it's lighter sister did not include mineral oil. I left the shop questioning my sanity as to why I just paid £2 for a day moisturiser and had already convinced myself it wouldn't work, what can a say I'm a skincare snob!


I used it the following morning for the first time and my initial reaction was to re-check the box because I thought I'd picked up the wrong one by accident, the texture is super light and absorbs instantly which I wasn't expecting from a moisturiser labeled as rich, I was able to put on my makeup straight away.
The second thing that struck me was the God awful smell, I know it's "scent free" but as with all un-fragranced products you get a whiff of plastic which are the chemicals in their raw state before they are masked with perfume.

Bad smell aside this moisturiser really works at a very basic level, you won't get anti-ageing, resurfacing or sun protection or any other benefits for that matter but just a steady level of moisturiser to protect and soothe the skin.
I was actually surprised how well this hydrated my skin throughout the day without causing me to produce excess oil and it actually helped keep my makeup on longer than usual so a well spent £2 if I say so myself!

Would I re-purchase?
Probably no, because for one it's a huge bottle so it will last me ages and I prefer a product more targeted to anti-ageing but for now, while my skin is having a tantrum I will continue using it.

No comments:

Post a Comment