Wednesday, 2 December 2015

Urban Decay Matte Revolution Lipstick

Hi guys, today we will be talking about Urban Decay's latest lipstick launch their Matte Revolution Lipsticks.
I live for a good matte lipstick but when these first launched a couple of months ago I had absolutely no interest for them based on the fact that when swatched they looked too glossy, I'm used to more of a liquid lipstick formula and those dry super matte.
However I kept seeing all the amazing reviews online and decided to go and try them properly, I love them but these are not matte by my standards!
I would say they are more of a satin finish which becomes more "matte" the longer you wear them, have complete, opaque coverage in one swipe, feel creamy and comfortable on, they don't dry out and get crusty looking and most importantly they do not dry out my lips.
Another major bonus is that they don't feather or seep into the lines of my lips which most other lipsticks do, once you apply these they stay on with minimal fading. Even after a cup of coffee most of it was there and the only place where it had faded and needed a touch up was the very centre of my lips.


The collection features 9 shades and while I liked most of them these two stood out the most for me:

1993 
This is always sold out and for good reason! It's a gorgeous darker nude leaning towards brown with a cool undertone. On my skin tone this should not work but somehow it does and I'm very pleased with it! 


Blackmail
I absolutely love this lipstick! I debated about getting this for a fair few week because I was worried that I would find it hard to pull off but I've worn it so much that I've actually made a considerable dent into it. 
It's the darkest lipstick I own, a deep blackcurrent shade with a strong purple undertone which looks amazing against fair skin. Completely unique to my collection and I'm glad I finally got it!

Urban Decay Matte Revolution Lipstick retail for £15.50 and can be found on Urban Decay and Debenhams  

1 comment:

  1. 1993 is probably my favorite 90s throwback brown out there and I am so happy that I got my hands on it!

    Claudia | www.maximalista.co.uk

    ReplyDelete