Friday, 29 January 2016

Dior Spring 2016 Makeup Collection - Glowing Gardens

Another day another spring makeup launch to show you all in the form of Dior's Glowing Gardens Collection!
Dior have done a wonderful job on this release, the collection is large and there's literally something for everyone, the colours are very pastel and spring-like and it will appeal to a large audience.
The must-have are without a doubt the two highlighting powders, the eyeshadow palettes and the nail polishes and will no doubt sell out first.
The whole collection is Limited Edition so if you do wan't anything you need to get it fast and maybe be prepared to call a few counters to find the items in stock as some of it as already sold out!




Dior Nude Air Glowing Gardens Illuminating Powder £40
This is without doubt the star of the show and now sold out! Or at least in my local stores it is, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they will have a second drop. 
The opalescent pink shade is pretty but the nude gold is bloody amazing! They are smooth and feel almost like a cream, they give an high sheen to the skin without looking glittery. 


 02 Glowing Nude, 01 Glowing Pink


Diorskin Glowing Gardens Vibrant Colour Powder Blush £32.50
Not a particularly unique colour but it's so pretty to look at that you will want to buy it regardless. 
I've never tried a Dior blush but was impressed at how pigmented it was with one swipe and despite it being quite a light, cool toned blush it didn't look chalky on me.


844 Floral Pink



5 Couleurs Glowing Gardens Eyeshadow Palette £43.50
I'm a big fan of Dior's eyeshadow palettes and these are the same formula as the regular line but sadly it's not colours that I would ever wear. Both palettes are leaning more towards the cool side and I'm a warm neutrals kinda girl so I was a bit under-whelmed by these. 
I can see them being popular though and will sell out quickly so get them while you can.

031 Blue Garden

451 Rose Garden 


Dior Colour & Contour Eyeshadow & Liner Duo £25.50
I love the idea behind these, a dual-ended eyeshadow stick/liner pen in complimentary shades, it just makes everything easier and would be especially good for makeup on the go.
I think Dior should have made these a permanent feature instead of limited edition, maybe they will in the future?

157 Iris, 457 Water Lily, 557 Twig, 757 Orchid, 957 Hortensia

Dior Pro Liner £20
072 Pro Taupe
I didn't get a chance to swatch this but it's a nice medium taupe shade, I've tried this liner before in a different colour and I still prefer my Urban Deacay.


Dior Addict It-Lash Mascara £22
062 It Platine
Another item I didn't swatch or take pictures of because I thought it was black and it's not, from what I can tell it's the same colour as the liner.

Dior Fusion Mono Longwear Eyeshadow £25 
I'm looking at the pictures now and really questing why I didn't pick this up, it's beautiful. 
It's this light taupe/gold with loads of pink and lilac micro glitter but unlike most glittery shadows this as no fallout. 


541 Equinoxe


Rouge Dior Lipstick £26.50

The peachy nude is gorgeous, very creamy and pigmented and set to a nice satin finish, it's nude lipstick done right!
The red is also nice but I prefer a matte red lipstick and this is just a little bit too shiny for me. 

Rouge Dior Baume Lipstick £26
Never been a fan of sheer lipstick so these where pretty boring to me however everyone else and their grandmother seem to love these sheer lip balms. 
The shades themselves are pretty and very spring appropriate but I would have to wear copious amounts of lip liner to make them work for me.

Rouge Dior: 417 Souffle Nude, 667 Rouge Pimpant,
Rouge Dior Baume: Rosee, 750 Rosebud


Rouge Dior Brillant Lipgloss £26.50

These are everything I want in a lipgloss; super pigmented in one swipe, feel smooth and not too sticky and are completely free of shimmer!
These are the 3 shades that are part of this collection but there's a whole range of other shades that are part of the permanent line and they are definitely worth looking at.


458 Fine Fleur, 548 Flora, 668 Brise Bise


Dior Vernis Nail Laquer £19
Love every single one of these but I simply can't justify another nail polish purchase. Dior's nail polish formulation is one of my favourites as it as a gel finish and tends to last that little bit longer than other brands.
301 Bluette, 302 Garden, 491 Lilac, 650 Pivoine

You can find the collection on the Selfridges website, Debenhams and Escentuals but sadly the highlighters are sold out online!

No comments:

Post a Comment