Friday, 29 January 2016

Foundation Friday: NARS Sheer Glow


Can't believe I've not done a Foundation Friday on my favourite foundation of all time NARS Sheer Glow!
I remember getting my first bottle way back when it was first launched and I've re-purchase many times since and that doesn't happen often with foundation.


Now I will say the marketing around this product is all wrong, it's neither sheer nor glowy, I'd say more medium to full with a natural satin finish.
It makes my skin look flawless and it's my "go to" if my skin is playing up. It covers everything without needing extra concealer on top, doesn't look cakey or accentuate dry patches and it seem to look better and better the longer you wear it.
It feel completely lightweight on the skin and once set with powder will last all day without any need of a touch-up.

It as a fluid texture without being too runny and applies best with a stippling brush, avoid a sponge for this one because it as a tendency to absorb to much product.
I find no matter how much product I put on it never looks heavy and literally looks like a second skin.

 Cylan & Stromboli

The shade selection is amazing and for once the yellow shades aren't too yellow and don't oxidise to orange a couple of hours into wearing the foundation.
I've used many different shades over the years of using this product but currently I use Cylan when I'm pale and Stromboli when I'm tanned and both match me perfectly.

The only thing that I don't like about this product is the packaging, I've had a couple of lids break on me and it doesn't have a pump unless you want to buy one for an extra £3 but despite that I will keep on buying this foundation until I find something better.

NARS Sheer Glow retails for £31 and can be found on the NARS website

No comments:

Post a Comment