Tuesday, 19 January 2016

Zoeva Cocoa Blend Eyeshadow Palette

It's no secret that I'm an absolute sucker for warm, bronzy neutral eyeshadow palettes and as the owner of all 3 of the Urban Decay Naked Palettes you would be right in thinking that I did not need this at all and yet out of all my neutral palettes this is the one I reach the most for.

I'll begin with the packaging on this one, unlike many other palettes I own which are quite bulky this is thin, lightweight and travel friendly and looks rather more expensive than it actually is.
I know a lot of people aren't fans of cardboard packaging and I'm not either usually but this one is made really well and will take a bit of a bashing in your makeup bag.



The formula of these shadows is amazing, not quite on par with Makeup Geek but very close and a fraction of the price, the palette retails at £15.50 which is rediculously cheap for the quality you're getting.
The shimmery shadows are buttery soft, super blendable and the pigmentation is on point, the mattes aren't quite as amazing but still very good though a bit dusty.


The shade selection in this palette is perfect and right up my street, there isn't a single colour that I wouldn't use, my absolute favourites are Pure Ganache and Subtle Blend but then again when do I not love a good bronze or gold?
While the palette is mostly warm colours the last two shades on the right (Beans are White & Delicate Acidity) are more on the cool side, I've still used them but they are the one I reach for the least and don't really fit the palettes colour scheme. 




Bitter Start - a warm ivory matte highlight shade that is perfect for blending out harsh lines and diffusing colour.

Sweeter End - in the pan this looks like  a soft lilac but as you apply it it transforms to this light pink champagne colour that makes the perfect inner corner highlight.

Warm Notes - a warm, metallic berry that's perfect for autumn/winter

Subtle Blend - the most perfect metallic, golden bronze in existence, Zoeva need to release this as a single eye shadow!

Beans Are White - a cool toned chocolate brown that I tend to use close to the lash line as a subtle smokey liner. I also like to use this on my brows if I'm being lazy and can't be bothered to do the whole Anastasia Dip Brow routine.



Pure Ganache - this is the perfect mid-tone gold that would suit anyone and looks amazing with a tan. I will say this one as a slight chunky texture but it's worth the extra effort to apply.

Substitute For Love - a light, warm tan shade that works as a transition shade in the crease or to warm up a look.

Freshly Toasted - a warm, red toned brown that works both as a crease or lid colour. If you have light eyes this will make them POP!

Infusion - this is a deep, dark brown shade with loads of micro-glitter however it applies pretty much matte unless you wet the brush.

Delicate Acidity - a grey toned lilac with a pink shimmer, very pretty as an all over lid colour.

You can find Zoeva's Cocoa Blend Palette on Beauty Bay as well as their whole line of brushes which are out of this world!


No comments:

Post a Comment