Saturday, 27 February 2016

Foundation Friday: EX1 Cosmetics Invisiwear Liquid Foundation

As a naturally ghostly white Italian girl I can understand the struggle of finding a good foundation for my skin tone. Being pale means most visits to a beauty counter end up with me being colour matched to a lovely undertone of pink when I'm actually very yellow which usually means me having to choose my own foundation shade.


This is where EX1 Cosmetics steps in because every product they do is catered for mediterranean or asian skin tone which naturally pull very yellow or olive.
I come across their foundation some time last year and instantly loved it and have since tried a few of their other products.
Invisiwear is a lightweight, light diffusing foundation that is oil and fragrance free and gives a natural, undetectable "second skin" finish and I would have to say that those claims are all true.

shades 100, 200 & 300 with flash

shades 100, 200 & 300 in natural day

Shade Selection
Not the best but at least they do have a light shade to suit us fair skin people. Out of the five shades I picked up three because at the time I'd been on holiday and my skin tone was constantly changing.
Because of the limited colour selection you might need to pick up a couple and mix them but they are affordable enough to do so.

Packaging
Very pretty and surprisingly high end looking! I'm a sucker for anything rose gold so this was right up my alley.
The pump isn't the best because occasionally it can be a bit stiff to use but I'm prepared to overlook that.
I also love how as you use the product the mechanism in the bottle pushes the product upwards so you can see exactly how much product you have left.

Coverage & Finish 
It as a thick gel/cream texture which I really enjoy and this is a solid full coverage which can be sheered out either by applying less or mixing it with moisturiser.
For such high coverage it looks surprisingly natural on the skin and dries down to a satin finish.
Another good point is it doesn't catch on any dry patches or accentuate un-even texture on my skin so it gets an A+ for that!

Application
This foundation works well with pretty much every method of application, buffer brush great, stippling brush excellent, but applying with a beauty blender makes it look seamless and gives it a little bit of an added glow.

Longevity
Good enough to rival Estee Lauder Double Wear, in fact probably a little bit better! I can apply this in the morning and it will look exactly the same 12-14 hours later when I go to remove it, with NO touch ups!

It isn't as readily available as other brand especially if you live outside of the UK but both lookfantastic and beautyexpert carry the range and usually have 10% off and FREE shipping!

No comments:

Post a Comment