Tuesday, 23 February 2016

Urban Decay Gwen Stefani - Review & Swatches

Today I'm going to be sharing with you my thoughts and swatches of the new Gwen Stefani collaboration with Urban Decay.
It all started with the eyeshadow palette and now we have a whole range of other products to go alongside it including a blush palette, brow kit, lip liners and lipsticks.
I absolutely love the whole collection and if I could afford it I would own the whole collection just purely for collectors purposes if anything!



Urban Decay Gwen Stefani Eyeshadow Palette £40
The palette that started it all and the only palette that I'll be using for the foreseeable future!
This as the perfect selection of neutrals with the odd pop of colour thrown in for good measure and I think would appeal to most people, what's not to love?
If you are familiar with Urban Decay eyeshadows you will know how buttery soft and easy to blend they are and these are no exception, the matte shades aren't in the slightest bit chalky and the shimmery shades have this gorgeous soft glow finish to them without being glittery.




Urban Decay Gwen Stefani Blush Palette £35
I begged my sister to get me this as an early birthday present as I can see this selling out so fast, this palette is a thing of beauty!
The packaging is the same design as the eyeshadow palette except it's white and gold instead of black and gold, it just looks so sleek and stylish.
There a nice selection of shades and textures, you get 4 blushers, a bronzer and an highlighter so this is perfect for travel because you have everything you would ever need.
The texture of these is slightly different to the regular Afterglow line of blushers, they feel far creamier and are very pigmented so a little goes a long way.




Urban Decay Gwen Stefani Blush Palette £35
I begged my sister to get me this as an early birthday present as I can see this selling out so fast, this palette is a thing of beauty!
The packaging is the same design as the eyeshadow palette except it's white and gold instead of black and gold, it just looks so sleek and stylish.
There a nice selection of shades and textures, you get 4 blushers, a bronzer and an highlighter so this is perfect for travel because you have everything you would ever need.
The texture of these is slightly different to the regular Afterglow line of blushers, they feel far creamier and are very pigmented so a little goes a long way.


Urban Decay Gwen Stefani Brow Box £19.50
I don't understand why they only released this in one shade, okay I do understand why because Gwen Stefani is blonde but I still don't get it, what about us with dark hair?
If they had done this in a different shade I would have bought it in an instant, I know they have the regular line of Brow Box but I want it in this packaging!
The powders are so pigmented and the wax doesn't feel too sticky but the best part of this is it comes with two little applicator brushes and a mini pair of tweezers that actually function just as well as my full size pair.


Urban Decay Gwen Stefani Lipsticks £16

I think these have to win the "best looking lipstick of 2016" award, is that a little early in the year to be saying that?
The packaging is beautiful and feels expensive and every single one of the shades including the sheer formulation apply like a dream.
My favourite one is 714 which is a Mega Matte and the most beautiful red lipstick I own, the pigmentation is amazing, lasting power is out of this world and I feel so glamorous when I wear this.

(714, Wonderland, Rock Steady, Spiderweb, Firebird)

Urban Decay Gwen Stefani Lipsticks £16
I think these have to win the "best looking lipstick of 2016" award, is that a little early in the year to be saying that?
The packaging is beautiful and feels expensive and every single one of the shades including the sheer formulation apply like a dream.
My favourite one is 714 which is a Mega Matte and the most beautiful red lipstick I own, the pigmentation is amazing, lasting power is out of this world and I feel so glamorous when I wear this.

Urban Decay Gwen Stefani 24/7 Glide On Lip Pencil £14
I love Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide on Lip Pencils and they are amongst some of my favourite lip liners of all time but none of the shades in this collection caught my eye.
Don't get wrong they are beautiful and match the corresponding lipsticks but the shades are not that unique to me and I have a lot of similar liners from other brands.

The whole Gwen Stefani collection is limited edition and wont be around for long, get yours on Urban Decay official site or Debenhams.

No comments:

Post a Comment