Sunday, 26 June 2016

Kiehl's Aromatic Mist in Fig Leaf & Sage & Vanilla & Cederwood

I'm a huge fan of Kiehl's skincare (especially the Calendula Foaming Cleanser) but have never really tried any of the fragrances, actually to tell you the truth I wasn't even aware that they did fragrances!
So while I was browsing one of their counters the other day I came across their line of Aromatic Mists and was immediately drawn to these two scents purely on description alone.



Fig Leaf & Sage
A stimulating fusion of Fig Leaf and Sage with underlying hints of bergamot, citron and thyme. 
The notes of fig conjure up images from the south of France with it's lush countryside, where and unusually distinctive fig essence renowned for it's uniquely fresh green, crisp scent is found. 
this fig aroma was blended with the essence of herbaceous sage, an evergreen herb with a sweet nutty scent, evocative of the northern Mediterranean coast.

I adore most fragrances that have fig as a main note so picking up a bottle of this was a no-brainer but actually it's very different to all the other figgy scents I love.
The fig in Kiehl's Fig Leaf & Sage is very sweet and warm, more fruit than leaf if you ask me whereas the likes of Dyptique Philosykos are very green, fresh and distinctly leafy. 
When you first spritz it though the first note that hits you is the sage, it's strong and very aromatic but completely disappears within the first 10 minutes. As for the other notes in the description they are practically non-existent so this is pretty much fig and nothing else which I love but not everyone does.



Vanilla & Cedarwood 
A seductive fusion of Ugandan Vanilla and Cedarwood, heightened with a hint of iris, which gives way to rich amber. 
The creamy vanilla in our blend owes it's unique aromatic character to the exotic vanilla orchid grown on small, sustainable farms in Uganda.
This warm and sensual aroma was fused with smokey cedarwood to add a complex, balsamic character reminiscent of tobacco farms in the southern United States.

Vanilla is probably my favourite note in a fragrance followed very closely by tonka bean however it can be very cloyingly sweet and overpowering. Vanilla and cedarwood as the creaminess of vanilla but without the cavity inducing sugariness which is balanced with the best cedarwood note I've sniffed so far. 
Cedarwood usually gets right at the back of my throat and makes me sneeze uncontrollably for hours, this one doesn't and isn't as sharp or dry as most other cedarwood scents.
If you like Chanel Coromandel or Dyptique Eau Duelle you will love this one!

I will say that they are probably not the best fragrances when it comes to longevity on the skin and they are quite basic, lacking the complexity of most of the other fragrances that I own and love but having said that I still love them!

The whole range of Kiehl's fragrances can be found on the Kiehl's website and retails for £25.50

No comments:

Post a Comment